Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Afternoon Walk

I had a few hours Tuesday before thanksgiving and thought I might as well spend that time hunting ducks,instead of doing chores around the house. So off to the river I went to try walking around and doing some jump shooting. It has been my experience that the ducks on the river don't move around much in the afternoons. I walked into my favorite hole and found some ducks sitting there, three shots two ducks, good start. I continued walking on for another hour until out of a thick stand of trees I jumped a small 2 point muley, he bounded off about 40 yards, then stared me down until I moved on. As I moved on along the river I shot a several ducks with not much success, As it was getting late I circled back to my starting point where I shot the two ducks. To my surprise there were ducks in the hole again. After a short stalk to the waters edge the ducks jumped with the same results, three shots two birds. This made for a great way to spend and evening

Afternoon Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment